Friday, May 10, 2013

Mid-Atlantic Rarities Page

Hi all,

I might go into some behind the scenes on this soon. But just in case folks outside of MD/DC are interested, below is the project I mentioned in my last post.

From MDBirding Listserv:
The ebird gadget has been dinging like crazy lately. So I thought now might be a good time to send a link out to a new page I've worked up that might give you some more control in the type of reports you want to see.

The link is here http://www.mdbirding.com/rare/

Basically, it uses the same ebird API feeds as the gadget but just displays the results in a standard webpage. I've also made 'filters' that will parse out all the seasonably notable birds from the statewide rarities. DC folks will also be happy they are not being left out here. The pages are set to update at different times - some every 15 min - some every 60 mins. I'm sending this out with a note that this page is still in the 'working phase'. I'm looking for feedback and wondering how it will handle a bunch of traffic. I also wanted to give that word of warning in case I have to take the page down for some reason.




The next goal will be to try and fit all the rarities onto a map. Stay tuned.....

No comments:

Post a Comment